I Forge Iron

1st File knife

hammerkid

Here is the first file knife I`ve ever made. Its a small knife. I`am going make a sheath for it to carry in my pocket . I made it from an used Nichlson File. I`am making a larger one the same shape . I`ll post pictures of it when i get it finshed.
The blade length is 3 inchs
The overall lenght is 5 1/4"
Comments Welcome!

10859.attach

10860.attach

10861.attach

Edited by hammerkid
Spelling

I know , I`am going have to get a light LOL. Its a heavy 1/8" at thickest place, its got a distal taper from the handle to the end of the blade and a distal taper to the end of the handle. It Sure sharpens up good , and I`ve cut a bit of stuff and has held good edge so far.

Hey guys and gals, I am working on my first cable knife, I have made a couple of RR spike knifes and they turned out OK. The cable is IMPORTANT. I am learning this slowly. I have tried forge welding mystery cables with NO luck. Lyle Wynn has helped me and has managed to not lose his temper in the process, many thanks to him. He coached me in forge welding my first piece. It is still a work in progress, maybe I can figure out how to post pics soon.