I Forge Iron

Bear's Head DVD available from Darryl Nelson

I have just previewed Darryl Nelson's Bear's Head DVD that he has for sale. It was quite good. I am trying to get him to post a clip to YouTube. I'll post a thread if that happens.

It shows both the three dimensional and two dimensional bear's heads each in a step by step progression.
Each step is described (showing the tooling used) cold on the anvil. A close up of the actual forging follows each description.

There is a section on tooling.

The DVD runs for about 1 hour.

Darryl can be contacted at
firemtforge@hotmail.com

I show some of my efforts after taking a class from Darryl below.

9971.attach

9972.attach

9973.attach

That is really cool pics.
Mark,
My mentor ,wayne coe, told me about your forge welding video on you tube, I just wanted to tell you how AWESOME that was. You made/make forge welding look easy, and it aint!!!!
Also on your site I noticed your First book has some really interresting stuff to me. Book 1 I was weondering if the differnt pictures/projects are differnt chapters in the book and if the book tells how to make the tool, and how to use it??

Chris

Howdy Mark,
How's the book coming? You going to be at Weaverville this year? See you later.
Mike Limb

Mike, I'm writing the book at the moment. I taught a couple of classes at Darryl's this November and we had a few days to play with his video. It was a nice distraction.

Darryl will be coming to Weaverville in 2010 to do a demo/workshop.

I'll see you there in March. Regards to MikeH