I Forge Iron

Lets see some christmas gifts!!!!

RCS7, I recognized that rack before I read the caption underneath. Gordon Williams is a great instructor and I have run into him on several occasions. If you find yourself going back for his advanced class let me know and perhaps we can meet up. BTW I have a very similar rack hanging on ht edoor of my shop, I have my welding duds on it.

Blacksmiths Gallery

Set of four twist gimlets (2mm thru 5mm) & countersink, for hand-drilling wood. These are for Dad for Christmas. Refer to Garrett Wade #37J03.04
Mine would not sell that cheap; if you just want a set to use, just buy them.

Anyone guess the material? It proved hardenable. Oil quenched the tips of the gimlets, water for the countersink, all tempered to 475 deg F.

Here's my gifts for the grand kids this year. Top one is for my granddaughter -1050 & ebony, next is for her brother - 5160 & linen micarta, next two are for other two grand sons - both 1095 and canvas micarta. ( sized pics down a bit )
KSB

10121.attach

10122.attach

My first completed "project" is also my mother in laws christmas gift. I've only had an operational forge for a month and every bit smithing knowledge I posses has been gleaned from the information generously provided on the IForge Blueprint pages. Thanks to the authors of "Braid 2", "Russian Rose", and the various tips on leaf making throughout this site otherwise this would still be 20' of garage door spring and a foot or so of 1/2" mild steel bar.

Now I just need to find some blueprints on photography...

EDIT: Okay...I realized when I went to look up the names of the authors for a couple of the specific BPs, that I did in fact get them from another "how-to" site. It doesn't diminish the fact that I have gained great knowledge and motivation from the denizens of this forum and appreciate how forthcoming you all are with information, tips and "secrets".

10199.attach

10200.attach

Edited by Strongback

I like the key chain leaf and heart hooks. I have yet to make heart hooks, they need to be next on the list.

How do you shape the leaf? I've been using a block of cedar and a rounded end of a ball-peen hammer to shape them. Just curious how others do it.

Russell

I like the key chain leaf and heart hooks. I have yet to make heart hooks, they need to be next on the list.

How do you shape the leaf? I've been using a block of cedar and a rounded end of a ball-peen hammer to shape them. Just curious how others do it.

Russell

I use the end of a 4x4 piece of post and different size ball peen hammer also.