I Forge Iron

image.thumb.jpeg.868036c00cc4cd737eb5907d336129e2.jpeg

This little guy is a few years old, but I still smile when I recall him standing on his own for the first time. As I worked on him I saw a Kokopelli-like fellow emerging but later on have begun to think he's also got a bit of a Mardi Gras flavor...who knows? There are so many neat sculptures shared here I wanted to add to the mix even if it is not recent.

Some additional photos and thoughts written at the time I made him: https://www.fahnoetech.com/mr-k/

--Larry

Larry, I absolutely love Mr K!  Facinating and entrancing to look at.  I can well understand why he makes you smile....  I enjoyed the story behind him, I saw some other very cool stuff on your website as well.  Thanks for sharing him....:)

Good first attempt Larry, Mr. K very much embodies movement in my eye, I can envision Other characters, dancers of many places and times. I'm getting funnyness with my connection, I'll check out your site when it clears up.

Thanks.

Frosty The Lucky.

Nice whimsical charactor Larry. Well done. The addition of the brass flute type instrument is great. Adding the holes in it just nailed it so it is easily recognizable as an instrument. 

I could honestly see it work fine even with one of the head half pieces. With both it does kind of look like a mardi gras type mask. 

You have a good imagination Larry. 

Thanks for sharing. 

I didn't connect the name till I got back and remembered to look it up. Kokopelli was one of my departed MIL's favorite things to collect those and road runners were scattered all over her place. 

Are there versions with arched backs and the flute aimed at the sky?

Frosty The Lucky.

I was just looking at the photos of the process of making him again and "suspended animation" caught my eye.  It just reminded me of a large, large bird with outstreched wings I made years ago.  I had ropes and baling wire strung all over, from the roof, holding it all together so I could get all the pieces just right.  I had forgot all about that one.  Nice reminder, thanks. :)

I'd like to add, as others commented, it does convey a sense of motion to me.  I hope you show more of your work in the furure.

From what I see online Kokopelli have hunched backs, bending forward with the flute pointed up, down or in between. The ones my MIL collected are arched back, facing upwards rather than hunched over facing level or downwards. I'll see if I can get a decent pic.

The more I think about the more I think it's a happier interpretation of the trickster, maybe by a non-Indian. 

Frosty The Lucky.