I Forge Iron

Storage Area

That wheel is part of the workings for a ratchet forge. I know a guy that has the body of a forge that needs some parts, and I have some parts that need a forge. So if he gets back with me, soon, we're going to get his forge running for him.

Cool, it gets resurrected and put back to work.

It caught my eye because I have a Champion 200 1/2 post drill missing the flywheel and I'm always on the lookout. I could tell it wasn't for the drill, the hubs are different but it caught my eye none the less.

The chances of finding a wheel for my drill up here are pretty slim and I'm thinking about making a pattern and casting one at next June's iron pour. It's that or fab one.

Frosty

I am storing mine in a similar way. Instead of between the wall studs, I put a few pieces of 1/8" X 1" steel across two of my ceiling joists and slide the steel in longways. As my stock supply stock grows, I may need to open up a couple more joist spaces. Works well for me....
Jerry

If the wife objects, throw some camo-netting over the pile. Then make some metal flowers and place them in front of the pile to hide it even more. When she asks about the flowers, tell her the pile is a seed bed and the flowers are coming up from the seeds.

DO NOT use the term *it is growing*. Wives lack a sense of humor sometimes.

Holy cow!! Thanks Glen, that sounds like a real good idea, and the room it will free up, sheesh, why didn't I think of that!! She loves metal flowers, and it will give the army of chipmunks that invaded me this year a new place to drive my dog crazy! What I really need is another building just for my metal!!