I Forge Iron

Sculpture Self Portrait

Glenn: Those numbers only apply to pure water under controlled conditions. Rain and snow are NEVER pure nor controlled. Even in the materials lab we rounded the weight of water to 62.4 and ice to 58 per cubic foot. To derive more precision we required samples and chemical analysis of either. We had two chemists and the facilities but a designer only asked once when they got the bill.

I don't see a weight for a yard of snow loaded off a road with an Oshkosh blower. A 20 yard belly dump would pull under the Oshkosh and as soon as the blower operator started to load put the clutch in and let the blower push the truck and trailer. It typically took between 30-45 seconds to load 25-30 yards of snow. A 20 yard needed sideboards to make the cut for a snow haul truck. We loaded end dumps too because they could get into tighter spots, made faster rounds to the dump and didn't get stuck in the dump so the loader couldn't push or pull them out.

Besides putting in my time in materials lab and then geology exploration and finally road maintenance I spent 30 years dealing with water ice and snow and no list that limited is to be taken seriously. 

Even the charts in ASTM (American Standard Test Methods) are guidelines not hard numbers. We verified everything in the lab, it's what the lab was for. 

Frosty The Lucky.

Glenn already knew this, I'm sure, but we plant seeds in rows in planting flats to get them an early start indoors and the toothpicks just define where one variety of plant starts and one stops.  It helps to keep track of them when transplanting them.  Yay spring...:)