I Forge Iron

Mild steel drilled balls

yves

I am looking for mild steel drilled balls Ø3/4", with a smooth hole (not threaded) Ø3/8".

I live in Québec. I traveled the Internet and only found some (I think) in exotic places. Anything in Canada, in the US some of you would know about?

Thanks.

I have an Indital USA catalog from several years ago that has "Hot Stamped and Forged steel Spheres" from 20mm to 100 mm; I saw that there was a Canadian distributer  wayfair.ca that may have similar items.  Indital sells Italian forged ornamental iron items for welding onto fab work.

George,
I have been on their site. They do not have the dimensions I am looking for.  They have a ¾" Ø steel ball but only with a hole half thru.

I thank you (1) for the info and (2)… you got me thinking… I might think of using cubes instead of balls. I'll try this when I get to the forge.

Good Morning,

You can make a ball Spring Swage, or you can purchase one from from the regular suppliers of Blacksmith Tools. I have one that Grant Sarver made, bless his soul, he is now on the other side for 10 years. If you don't have access to a Power hammer or a Press, cut blocks and forge them round. Or, you get access to a Lathe and  make as many as you would like. CNC Machining???? How many do you need, 10 or 1,000.

Neil