I Forge Iron

A Leaf veining spring fuller

Daswulf

This video popped up on my YT feed. It was too simple and brilliant not to share it. I certainly plan on making one to fit on a shank that will fit in my hardy hole on my anvil. 

Just a heads up, it is all stock music in the video so you could watch it on mute if that bothers you and you wouldn't miss anything. 

If it could be called anything better, admins, feel free to adjust the title. 

As far as I remember from my Engineman school USCG only the exhaust valves were sodium filled. The easiest way to tell if they are sodium filled is to tap the stem with a screwdriver. If it is sodium filled it will ring like a bell, where a solid stem will sound more like a clack/thwack. Another way is to throw it on a concrete floor and see if the head pops off, 9 times out of 10 it will.:D

The homemade vise that first appears at the 1:09 mark is also pretty cool. Here is its video:

HOWEVER!!!!  Both of these videos show the maker welding plated steel (galvanized for the veining tool and chrome for the vise), which is a BIG health and safety violation. One hopes that there's a proper respirator in use off-camera.

I didn't see evidence of PPE in any of his videos though I only watched a couple. His basket twister is neat if you're making lots of THAT twist. What I saw were good examples of repurposing parts and pieces. Still not too safety oriented.

Frosty The Lucky.