I Forge Iron

CAN YOU IDENTIFY THIS ANVIL?

Dusting the letters with baby powder will make them easier to see. Also holding a flashlight at an angle will make a shadow of them and easier to see. Also a general location in your header will help. 

Thats all i got as i am by far no expert on anvils. 

Edited by BillyBones
forgot something

The name or brand of an anvil matters much less than people tend to think. What's really important is what kind of shape it's in and how well the size suits your work.

Fifty pounds is a bit light for general shop work, but certainly appropriate for light work and as a travelling anvil (for example, if you wanted to do demos at craft fairs and the like). The face and edges appear to be in good shape. If the ring and rebound are good, $4/lb seems pretty much par for the course these days, but you might want to hold out for something bigger. 

Also without location is that canadian dollars, australian dollars, singapore dollars?  World Wide Web and folks from over 100 different countries have participated here.

Fisher Norris, good brand, should be a quiet anvil.  However if you are just getting into smithing an improvised anvil might suit you to get started.  At my local scrapyard a 50# improvised anvil would run you US$10...

Thanks for the guidance, everyone.

I agree that the size for the price is a bit steep. But it is located in my very own town (US DOLLARS), and I thought it would be a great opportunity to go in person and test it out with a ball bearing then try to haggle with the seller if it was in good shape.

However, after repeated inquiries, the seller has not replied. Can't sell something if you don't... sell 

I will try the scrapyard and save my $$ for other items

Thanks again.

Erik