I Forge Iron

it followed me home--all the way from next door

Neighbor and good friends father in law was a lifetime railworker---one of those guys who could do just about anything----sent these my way (the 2 jacks,not the beer). Range may not be the best--and not the fastest, but uber over-kill (a good thing).I see a press of some sort in the future. There is also the mother of all vise stands,photo to follow.

20220213_084855 (1).jpg

Lovely Morning Saturday at the Scrapyard; unfortunately I got their late and so was still one bolt shy of getting the motor mount I hope to use for my 25# LG; maybe next Saturday.  I did walk out with 27 pounds of steel including a steel 5 gallon bucket, always handy around the shop and wood stove...The "heavy hitter" was a 10# sledge hammer head, modern---"True Temper"; but in mint condition. I threw it in the milk crate of hammers to be sold or re-forged when I got it home.  Some misc tools, sockets, drill bits. a 1.5" spade bit that looks unused, auger bit, and 3 UNPLATED wrenches ranging from Small to Large (as in stuck out the top of the 5 gallon bucket!)

I also did a Beginner's "Make an S Hook class"  and the fellow gave me a coal forge with a working hand crank blower afterwards...

I used a bottle jack like those on a heavy duty general purpose bender/roller I made.  It raised the two bottom rollers "pinching" the work material against the top roller to provide the bending radius (sorry, no pictures).  They also work well for jacking up and leveling trailer home frames.... :)