I Forge Iron

Frost T burner

Josh A

I'm trying to find the detailed plans for the Frost "T" burner. I was reading through the forum, and it seems Mr Frost is pretty adamant about not changing his design, and I agree, he's put in the time and effort, I just want to build it. Most of the videos I've seen use 3/4" pipe, but Frost said in another post that to be able to reach forge welding temperatures, you need at least 1.25" pipe. I want to make sure I build it right. The only link I could find here is from 2015, and when I click it says the page has been removed. Someone please help!

It is from 2015, but I'm not getting the page removed error. Here's the link. I'll also attach the PDF just in case.

Surely Frosty can speak for himself, but I think his recommendation to follow the directions to a T (ha) is for those who are unfamiliar with building burners. Like myself :D

The ability to reach a forge welding temperature with a single burner is going to depend on the volume of the forge. His recommendation for 1.25" pipe might be for the forge dimensions specified in that thread.

T Burner Directions finished.pdf

FWIW, I and others have used the same instructions and design to build 1/2" versions of the Frosty T burner.  There are corresponding changes to dimensions of other parts though.  I was able to forge weld just fine with that burner.  The temperature you reach is also affected by the tuning of the burner and the size, shape, and heat holding capability of the forge rather than strictly the burner size.

• 1 month later...
On 2/10/2022 at 2:03 PM, Josh A said:

I was reading through the forum, and it seems Mr Frost is pretty adamant about not changing his design,

I don't think Frosty has any problem at all with well thought out design changes, which make the burner easier for newbies to construct, etc. I think he simply doesn't care for changes for change sake; these just confuse other beginners.

Naw Josh, folks can change it all they want. My real objection is people slopping together something with a T oriented like mine  but little other resemblance and selling them online as "Frosty T burners." If I didn't want folks using and changing what I came up with I would've applied for a patent not posted plans here and helped anyone who asked.

If you've built a burner that works well from Youtube videos good on ya. Please post pictures and the details so we can duplicate it or incorporate features. 

Frosty The Lucky.