I Forge Iron

Prestacked Ready to Forge Damascus - Help

I’m going crazy here. Last week I found a site that was offering stacks of 1084 15n20 or similar steels for Damascus billets - like it was literally a picture of the layers stacked and taped/packaged ready to throw in the forge. It was some kind of small forge shop - I thought it was Coal Iron Works but apparently not. Anyway the price was really awesome and now I can not find the site again. I’ve literally been looking for almost two hours now and can’t find it in my history either but I know I wasn’t imagining this. Does this sound familiar to anyone? 

The only one I found was 1075 and 15N20 at artisan supplies (dot) com (dot) au, but it's currently out of stock. 

Personally I use New Jersey Steel Baron mostly.  I can usually get the width and thickness I want and cut to length myself.  To me the steel is reasonably priced, but if you're used to cheap or free shipping it can definitely seem a bit pricey.

I like using bandsaw blade and pallet strapping, say the 1" wide stuff and do a stack 20-25 layers.  Easy to cut with a bench shear, the BSB has enough Ni to show bright.   I've done a lot with no handle welded on; just a baling wired stack.  If you do weld I suggest weld a handle to one end and then baling wire the other end so you can deal with any bowing when you first heat it.

• 2 weeks later...