I Forge Iron

New To The Forum And Trade

SlateandSteel

Hi there everyone,

The name is Skyler and I'm new here along with new to the trade. I'm a plumber by trade and have a bachelor's in Psychology. Last 6 months I've begun a blossoming love for blacksmithing. I can't wait to learn from everyone here and continue to build my skills and passion!

Merry Christmas (past),

Welcome to our world. There is at least one Blacksmith Group in Tennessee, quite often there is a listing at the bottom of this page. If not, keep your ears open to hook up with someone near you ('Near' is a general term, within a couple hours?). Learning hands on, with someone else is worth it's weight in GOLD. If you connect, it is worth way more than 'Y--T--e'.

Working as a Plumber, you will already know you treat your Tools as your 'Best Buddy'. In Blacksmithing, you make a Tool, to make a Tool, to make/finish a Tool. It is very simple!! Stop at W--M--t and pick up a small container of Play-Doh (in the Toy/Kid section). Hot metal works the same way as Play-Doh, except you can hold Play-Doh in your hands. With hot metal you need tools.

Enjoy the journey. I know of other Blacksmiths who have studied Psychology. Don't try to figure us out, we are from all walks of Life. From all around the World. The goal is different for every person, actually, there is no Destination.

Enjoy the Journey!!

Neil

Howdy from eastern Oklahoma! 
and welcome to the forum!

Heads up, we have members here that are from all across the spectrum! You’ve been warned lol, 

have fun, if you can post pictures! We love pictures of projects, tools, machines, cats, goats… ect..  And most importantly practice safety! But you already know that as a tradesman