I Forge Iron

Forging grooming clipper blades?

WoodFireMetal

Maybe though it'll be quite a trick to prevent cold shuts with all the space between the "comb?" teeth. Just the blade if it's a single piece of steel would be a lot easier to faggot weld into a usable billet. 

A perhaps greater issue being the blades maybe probably are stainless steel and so will require some of Mr. Hrisolous's special flux. 

If you give it a shot and let us know how it works please.

Frosty The Lucky.

You'll want to test them to see what type of steel they might be. It might not be worth the effort.  You have enough to experiment with tho. Just be wary if they are chrome plated.  Look in the safety section to learn more about the dangers of that. 

I see a bunch of pacman ghosts lol. A larger scale pacman setup would be pretty neat. Some ball bearings for pacman food, and pacman would be easy enough to make. 

Or punch bigger eyes and nostrils to make skulls. 

There is a huge gap between what could be forged and what should be forged. Those look like they would take a lot of time and effort to use and so unless there is an overriding reason to use them, not a good trade off.  They fit the "The stock was free it just took me 20 hours of work to get it in a usable form for for what I do!" category...

The gaps are not a total down check though, we're forging timing chains, chainsaw chains and other "gappy" items into billets on a regular basis.  It's the possible stainless content that would prevent me from using them.   Does advertising for replacement blades give any hint of what they are made of?

2 hours ago, Nodebt said:

how would you make the packman?

I'm thinking a basic kind of 2d board as it would look on the screen. So pacman would just need to be a circle with a wedge cut out. Could get fancy and make him out of two pieces with a motor making his mouth open and close. Could just be simple tho. Just find a screenshot of the game screen and recreate it in steel. I'm sure there would be people out there that would like it. 

I'm not sure I would feel up to cutting a wedge out of a cannonball agitator lol.  

5 hours ago, Daswulf said:

You'll want to test them to see what type of steel they might be. It might not be worth the effort.  You have enough to experiment with tho. Just be wary if they are chrome plated.  Look in the safety section to learn more about the dangers of that. 

I see a bunch of pacman ghosts lol. A larger scale pacman setup would be pretty neat. Some ball bearings for pacman food, and pacman would be easy enough to make. 

Or punch bigger eyes and nostrils to make skulls. 

Now that you mentioned it, they do look like Pac-Man ghosts! 

12 hours ago, Frosty said:

Maybe though it'll be quite a trick to prevent cold shuts with all the space between the "comb?" teeth. Just the blade if it's a single piece of steel would be a lot easier to faggot weld into a usable billet. 

A perhaps greater issue being the blades maybe probably are stainless steel and so will require some of Mr. Hrisolous's special flux. 

If you give it a shot and let us know how it works please.

Frosty The Lucky.

I would definitely cut off the teeth and use just the solid part. I don’t know about stainless because it doesn’t take much for them to rust.  

3 hours ago, ThomasPowers said:

There is a huge gap between what could be forged and what should be forged. Those look like they would take a lot of time and effort to use and so unless there is an overriding reason to use them, not a good trade off.  They fit the "The stock was free it just took me 20 hours of work to get it in a usable form for for what I do!" category...

The gaps are not a total down check though, we're forging timing chains, chainsaw chains and other "gappy" items into billets on a regular basis.  It's the possible stainless content that would prevent me from using them.   Does advertising for replacement blades give any hint of what they are made of?

I did email one company asking the type of steel and they said it was “proprietary”.  One ad did mention the Andis blades being “chrome-coated carburized steel”.  
not sure if the Wahl blades are coated.  They seem more naturally colored.  

3 hours ago, Glenn said:

Those blades can usually be sharpened and reused.

Not with broken teeth. They’re unsafe to use against skin. The small blade on the bottom is replaceable, but if the large half gets a broken tooth, it becomes useless.