I Forge Iron

Feral pig damage....

Probably not, he was several years older than I (I'm 79) and would be in his 80s now. He lived in Hollywood and Dania FL on the reservation. Got me thinking and I think I found his obit (sad) he died in '94 at 53 years old, would be 80 today.

https://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/fl-xpm-1994-02-21-9402200400-story.html

There was also a James Allen Jumper, age 80, in Hollywood, FL, a James Calhoun Jumper, age 83, in Chatanooga, TN (formerly in Naples, FL), and a James Elton Jumper, age 84, in Miami, FL.  I hope that one of these is your guy and not the '94 obituary.

I have used Spokeo to track down old friends and too often have found that they are deceased.  Bummer.  I guess we have reached the point where we go to more funerals than weddings or christenings.  Double bummer.

GNM

I remember when Maringer got a commission for a *bear* spear!   Started out as a 32# block of D2 and ended as a beautiful 8# LARGE spearpoint.  One I would be willing to hunt bear with---as long as I could drop it out of a helicopter on it from a goodly height!

Hogs go feral quite easily.  The really large ones are probably closer to the domesticated ones.

Some of them tame quite easily also. My neighbor caught a sow and 4 pigs a few years ago and asked if I wanted them. I had them eating cake and marshmallows out of my hands in just a few days.

As far as meat, I'd rather eat them right out of the woods. They get really greasy when you feed them out.