I Forge Iron

Bamboo, dig it up and out

When i get into poison ivy i get a few little itchy spots but usually pretty mild, my dad is one of those who can waller around in it and be ok, my mom can not look at it with out getting covered. One winter day when it got into the 40's or so i set out pulling weeds and the like from around the house. I ended up like Das said, eyes swelled shut and just in misery. I had to go see a doctor. The doctor told me that the reaction was so much more severe becuase the oils that cuase it are much more concentrated in the winter than summer. 

My Father was pretty unaffected by poison ivy, he said as kid the brothers all ate a leaf and were never bothered again. 

The closest we have up here is Pushka, or Cow Parsnip. It's good eating as sprouts but the sap is a photochemical that causes severe burns. It rinses right off even from the bleeding blisters it can cause but it puts runners in the hospital every spring. It's also pretty darned toxic once real leaves begin to unroll. 

It doesn't look particularly threatening but. . . 

Frosty The Lucky.