I Forge Iron

Another Front Yard Folly

JPH

Hello.. 

Well this one started out as a Bowie, honest it did but my feeble old mind started to wander off the path a wee bit..(must be from  all the covid infection fiascoes surging around my brains..) and this is what happened....I gotta start to pay better attention to what I am doing..

Forged from 1070 and L-6 with some meteoric iron thrown in just because... 19" long recurved blade in a feather pattern with twin fullers... Doing twin fullers in a recurve is a wee bit nerve wracking.. Forged phosphor bronze mounts and an antelope horn grip,, overall length  25 3/4".. Not too bad for an old man working out in his front yard..Especially when his mind isn't really paying attention to the original task at hand...

So what ya all think??

JPH

DSC06368A.jpg

DSC06372A.jpg

DSC06378A.jpg

DSC06379A.jpg

Gee when my mind wanders during working on a project I end up burying it in the dark of the moon at midnight in the desert.  That is a very elegant piece indeed!

(Of course if you want to "bury it in the dark of the moon at midnight in the desert" I would be happy to volunteer some desert...)

The knife carried by Jim's pirate cousin Fred Bowie, right? Nice fork in the path Jim, I like it, a lot. I can't say what I really think I'd gush on everybody and. . . well, I'll spare the gang. 

Thinking about way you seem to develop patterns at will, how about coming up with a Covid pattern? You know, sort of similar to a raindrop pattern but with little golf T spikes radiating out of the raindrops. 

Beautiful as always Jim. You have a lucky front yard.

Frosty The Lucky.