I Forge Iron

First Fire in the forge, and weld.

i love making tools...

i went to a place called princess auto ( its the same as haurbour feight) and wan looking at chisles and punches and decided to make em myself..... goood practice.... i am going to try hofi's whoop whoop tongs! and make em for diffrent sizes....

right now here its 7:30 so i need to go get forging... i am going back to princess auto on sunday and am going to buy a benchvice thats heavy duty till i get a post vice.....i forge once or twice a day.

Okay, I will think about that metal.....

I started on my shop today with my dad and younger brother, this is how far we've gotten. We'll be finishing it tonight. Here are some pictures so far.

8widex12longx8high

so.... 8x12x8 :)

Big enough for me right now. Will update this post in about three or four hours with pictures of the finished shop.

Took the chimney off, making an extension for it right now. Little brother got into the last picture. lol.

7690.attach

7691.attach

7692.attach

• 2 weeks later...

The shop is finally done, and all is going really well, I'm having three different smiths come out to smith within the next month, one is just beginning and im giving them my piece or RR track, and some good tongs. And a hammer to possibly.

Pictures:
Items made today, and a bad view of the smithy. lol.

7918.attach

7919.attach

7920.attach