I Forge Iron

Some sort of cone

Maybe it was a spool holder from a sewing factory. A lot of them got thread in on cone shaped hollow cardboard spools, maybe this was what they sat on. The round shank would fit into a holder at each sewing station.

Just a guess, as I'm not sure either.

LOL, maybe I'm smarter than I think, or look.:D

Come to think of it, I know of a long closed sewing factory near here. I know the renters of part of the building. Maybe I can get them to let me look at all the equipment in the basement.

Edited by keykeeper

Thanks for all the responses. It'll give me some more things to google for. Good point about it being cast too. I was thinking I would use it mostly for opening up loops that I make to small or getting a radius without having to "free hand" over the side of the anvil (read as rr track :) )

Thanks, Rob.

I took a wire brush to the shaft. The shaft screws into the inside of the cone. Stamped into the shaft was "warning, wear safety goggles". So I'm leaning toward some sort of driving tool or expanding tool. The end was slightly mushroomed when I got it.

Rob