I Forge Iron

Hold fast does not work

Folks,

(especially,  Mr. Pnut and Ms. J.L.P. ...)

The Woodright's shop episode that concerns itself with forging a holdfast is at,

https://www.pbs.org/video/forging-the-hold-fast-ut7ymw/

The smith Mr. Peter Ross, is an excellent smith and a very talented instructor.

He teaches the smithing of several kinds of hold fasts.

I came across it a while back, bookmarked it and have found it to be a superb reference in my smithy.

The television series features other videos by Mr. Ross. All highly recommended.

SLAG.

On 11/12/2019 at 7:02 PM, SLAG said:

The television series features other videos by Mr. Ross. All highly recommended.

SLAG.

Yes, I live on the border of three public television markets and watch the Woodwrights shop frequently, I also try to tune in to a program titled A Craftsman's Legacy and a few others. A Craftsman's Legacy has had episodes featuring Lorelei Sims and Kevin Cashen to name two memorable episodes off the top of my head.   You never know what you might learn that will prove useful at a later date. I'm quite a fan of PBS. 

Yes, Peter Ross is an excellent smith who makes it look misleadingly easy. I enjoy watching him work, especially with  Roy Underhill commenting and talking with him. It's quite entertaining sometimes.  I'm writing this post today as this is the morning both of those TV programs are on one after the other. I'm watching right now.

Pnut