I Forge Iron

3rd real knife

Rojo Pedro

Looking good.  I don't see anything wrong with the size of the tang.  I prefer the tang to have a distal taper if possible.  Kudos to you both for the clean joint between the front of the handle and the integral guard/ricasso section. 

The one main area I see for improvement is in your plunge grind.  I'd like to see it crisped up quite a bit, symmetrical on both sides of the blade, and set a bit further back towards the handle.  Of course these suggestions are mostly just aesthetic and meant to achieve some conformity with standard knives of this size.  The last will give you more cutting edge for your knife and get rid of some of that "wasted" front of the ricasso, but in the end you have a good working petty knife there.  The pins are particularly well executed.  Did you use Corby bolts?

Thanks fellas

Latticino - appreciate the input. Not sure what you mean by distal taper in the tang. From top to bottom or taper lengthwise?

Mr. slag - “highly figured leopard wood”. Brother makes frames and it was scrap. He keeps asking for more knives to handle 

Isn't it technically a proximal taper if it is on the tang? (not sharp-shooting you, genuinely asking to make sure I am not misunderstanding terminology).

Nice knife, OP. I really like the handle shape.

I am putting the finishing touches on my first integral bolster knife - it presents a whole new set of challenges.