I Forge Iron

Going Home

Anachronist58

Been on a job in Santa Barbara since July. Time to go back to San Diego. Have to find another job. Will be good to be home, although we have become quite attached to new friends and family up this way....... Ah, bittersweet, this life.......

20190426_222214.jpg

Robert Taylor

Bitter sweet indeed Robert. 8 months is long enough to form some pretty solid friendships alright. Fortunately Santa Barbara isn't all that for from San Diego, just a couple hours up I 5 is all. You can wave as you pass through Sylmar on your way for me. Sylmar and the NE end of the San Fernando Valley is where I grew up. We moved to Simi Valley after the 71 quake and I moved to AK in 72. I have a fond of memories of Santa Barbara too, it's where I attended college. 

San Diego was more like strange territory but not too different to me. 

I'll lift a toast to a new chapter Robert. Be well and prosper Brother.

Frosty The Lucky.

Wow Frosty, thanks. I will certainly give a wave on my way south today. Have to come back up next week for the second load of shop tools (and more serpentine and cinnabar hunting up in Happy Canyon), then home to look for work. Wearing my "Rather be Forging" shirt today to celebrate being laid off...  funny thing happened.... have to hit the road now though. Stay tuned.......

Robert Taylor

If you're still online. Wave to the left as you come to the 405 cutoff, that's about where Polk st. is, we lived on Polk and Dronefield a few blocks before you'd come to the 210. 

Dad was a rockhound, If we wanted to play with almost anything we just had to go through the right boxes.

Frosty The Lucky.

Just a bum on the street:rolleyes:

For the moment.

+/_ Thirty years in Aerospace, fifteen of those as a tool & cutter grinder, last 10 months as a prototype machinist/fabricator/problem solver for a military R&D program. Funny, Blacksmithing skills are useful in all of the above.:)