I Forge Iron

Seattle Scrap Metal Anvil

Hello Everyone! 

I'm looking for some help from any Seattle members that might know the best place to get a serviceable Anvil shaped object locally (preferably a recycled/scrap piece, i've already found some suppliers for new if this doesn't work out) 

I'm looking for something cheap (<50$) and relatively heavy (40-100 lbs). 

I've called around a couple of the recycling centers (West Seattle, Recycle Depot, Ballard Reuse, and I stopped by Northwest Metals). 

Debating trekking up to Lynnwood recycling center tomorrow. 

Bonus points if they open on saturday or sunday! 

Thanks!

Places to get improvised anvils; tractor repair shops, earth moving equipment shops, large paving companies, rental yards, hydraulic shops, crane shops, and any place that uses larger machinery. You are looking for large diameter bucket pins, axles, shafts, hydraulic breaker points, forklift forks, blocks of steel, forgings , castings if cast steel-not cast iron.

You also have the BOEING surplus sales in either Kent or Everett and they have some cool stuff go through there.

Just walked out along the back fence line at the casita and like many farms they parked old farm equipment and forgot it...  I was looking at a 14" long 2.5" sq piece of solid stock---and being farm it's often Higher C, and wondering if I should go talk to my landlord...At 95?he's not likely to need it again.    Saw several other pieces with sq holes suitable for hardy tooling use  too and some light duty 1.5" sq stock.