I Forge Iron

Carrie Simpson, Cookie Strasil's oldest daughter.

Glenn

Carrie Simpson,

Cookie Strasil's (Irnsrgn's wife) oldest daughter, Carrie Simpson, is in the hospital ICU. Her temperature is up, blood pressure is low, and her kidnays have shut down. As soon as they get the blood pressure and temperature under control, they will try to laser the stones and remove them. Jr. and Cookie are at the hospital and Jr phoned me to add this to the prayer list, saying that your prayers would be appreciated.

To Clarify a few things, tuesday night just as the blueprint reading started, we were notified that Carrie was rushed to the Emergency room in Lawrence, Ks, with severe pain and such from kidney stones.

We were informed this morning that they were going to put a stint in to keep the kidney stones from block the exit path from her kidney, and that the procedure would take place late afternoon or early evening of Wednesday. She was rushed into the OR just after noon instead, and suffered complications from the procedure or the anethetic or the pain killer. Her Blood pressure dropped to about 60/40 and she had trouble breathing, she is a severe asthmatic. Due to infection and elevated temp,103+ she was moved to ICU just about the time we arrived at the hospital.

It was very stressful for cookie and an almost 3 hour drive. The girl was semi-concius when we got there and looked like warmed over death, and here BP had dropped more. They were attempting to force fluids thru an IV, but because of years on prednisone her veins are small and very weak, so the put a pick or shunt in her upper chest and this seemed to work.

They ran all the family out as she needed rest. Sometime after we got to hospital, I called Glenn and Tio and it was put on the prayer list and the pub. Thank you Glenn and Tio.

Cookie and I headed home about 8:30 and about half way home we got a report from her son that her blood pressure was up to a little over a hundred and she was resting at last.

Cookie Thanks you all for the prayers, they worked a miracle this night.

Thank you friends for your prayers and concern it was much appreciated.

Irnsrgn

Irn,
boy you sure have had a year and that is for sure.
While you were gone we voted and the resolution is no more of this type of stuff. OK?
Y'all are for sure in our prayers. Hang tough as I firmly believe that the Good Lord will not give more than we can carry. Tho sometimes it do seem as if that measurement was cut very fine indeed.
If you need something let us know.

Ralph

Your prayers went up to the ONE ABOVE for my daughter and were answered! I have never known a more caring and loving group as you wonderful BLACKSMITHS! Carrie rallied about 11 PM B/P came up and her kidney function returned.

Thank YOU is a small way of expressing my feelings.

We hope you each have blessed day and remember to count your blessings as I will for all you have in friends and family.

Sincerely,
Cookie, Jr and family

JR.-- I misssed a few days checking the list.

What a scare. We dread any illness in the kids. You know we are going to have problems--simply because of the years. Our kids are supposed to stay safe.

We have her on the list. We are glad to hear she is making good progress.

GOD BLESS

Chuck