I Forge Iron

Fucina Forge?

Huck377

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/1/2018 at 12:28 PM, Frosty said:

Pics of the HOT forge and work please! We've established a custom of not believing without seeing you know. 

I'll get some pics or video of some metal in it. Been busy setting up this forging press but it's all wired up and going so I can now move onto my next project. It's been awefully hot here in Pennsylvania this July but I promise I'll get back to you with more. Only problem I have with it is that the burners are too far apart and too close to the entrances, in my opinion.

stainless forge.jpg

The video has been removed and replaced with a still image as the video was too large (read huge).

7 hours ago, HoldFastForge said:

I'll get some pics or video

Please no video or at least edit them a LOT. Your post is too large to download and there are a lot of members on dial up connections who have to pay for bandwidth. A good series of pics will tell us more than a typical video.

Frosty The Lucky.

• 10 months later...
On 6/15/2018 at 11:55 AM, Huck377 said:

Hello I'm new to the forum and have my first question. I have been looking at a Fucina Forge manly because the are made from stainless and nice burner design. I can't find any reviews or info on them. Does anyone here have any experience with them?

thanks,

Greg

They work great but the fittings suck! They must use glue to fill the mismatched threads which has dried out after a year. I now have to machine new nozzles. I cant speak about the box as I built my own.

For 25 years i use an NC forge burners and these are far better but be aware!

I have a dual burner Fucina. It works well enough. I can forge weld. I can make small pieces of 1095 / 15N20 pattern welded steel billets. (Could make them larger if I had a power hammer). Over all. Nice forge. I block both sides with fire brick to help heat up the larger stuff.

It is a nice forge and value for the money I spent.

Once heated...the stainless doesn't look anything like stainless... It doesn't stay shiny. I think I would prefer forge with thicker steel walls.

• 7 months later...
  • 5 months later...

I bought the the 2 burner kit,The regulator is very cheap and the crimps on the hoses leak,the threads on the airflow adjuster are very slack and tuning is a mystery.

the front of the burner has a plate that has a central hole about 16mm dia and 8 small holes toward the outside edge.

My intention was to replace the burners on my abana forge but after testing I decided not to, instead I am going to build a small lpg cylinder forge and try them out on that first..

Pete.

On 7/21/2018 at 3:05 AM, HoldFastForge said:

'll get some pics or video of some metal in it. Been busy setting up this forging press but it's all wired up and going so I can now move onto my next project. It's been awefully hot here in Pennsylvania this July but I promise I'll get back to you with more. Only problem I have with it is that the burners are too far apart and too close to the entrances, in my opinion.

That is an all too common problem :P