I Forge Iron

Aspery class next week

Congradulations! You won't be sorry. Sore, maybe, but not sorry. I'm lucky enough to live close to one of Marks favorite training grounds, and have taken all his classes. I would heartily recommend any or all of them. Sometimes it may seem like he's having you do something the hard way, but its a jumping point to the next level. Let us know how it goes.

just got home got all the coal dust off from the last five days ...this class was blast. Mark really knows his stuff; you learn just listening to him talk.
I know it will forever stick in my mind his phrase "Raining down mighty blows"...

Kevin, did the light of understanding start to shine?

Not really. OK, maybe. ;)

Wednesday of last week was the first time I have ever lit a coal fire much less heated steel in one. Basically all I was trying to do was complete each exercise before the next bit of instruction. I really didn't care what it looked like. I just wanted to complete all the moves and not get behind.

I would like to think my father and grand father were looking down in approval. I know they were in my thoughts a lot this past week... ;)

Hello Glenn,
I have no problem with any pictures or the content of any and all of my classes appearing on your I FORGE IRON web site.
This permission is good for any class in the future and I will rescind, in writing, if I should change my mind at any time later on.
Thank you for your time in this matter.
Mark Aspery.

If course, I could be suffering from one of the many blows to my head I've taken over the years.

Gerald

Not at all. You're absolutely right. Learn to make a tool then use the tool to make something else. My rivet tongs turned out a little short but my rose came out beautiful. Everybody I show it to is shocked. They say something like "WOW! You made that?" :o:D

I'm not sure if Mark thought I was doing OK or I was hopeless. I would see him with other students giving instruction. But every time he came by my station he would say something like "Looks good" or "Looks like a forge weld to me." :D

He did comment on my elbow moving out away from my body when I swung the hammer.

I'm not much of a wordsmith so a report on the class will have to come from Jimbob or some of the others in the class...maybe some will sign up here and add to the forum. All I know is I had a blast and learned a lot.

6495.attach

6496.attach

6497.attach

6498.attach

6499.attach

6500.attach