I Forge Iron

Jay.bro

Lol. Reminds me of the time I cut tendons in my hand and carted my brother to take me to the hospital. " Hey, are you busy? Him, no  not really, why? Me , oh I cut my hand and think it would be better if you drove me to the hospital because I'm not sure if I'll go into shock or not. " Thank goodness for boyscouts. It all worked out and the dr. Patched me up almost good as new. Didn't play guitar as good again but hey, my fingers work. 

Well I intend on teaching her the first aid stuff I learned in the Marines and what my grandpa taught me cause he was a logger and didn't believe in hospitals unless it was really bad I mean he had me use dental floss and a curved sewing needle to stitch up my own leg a long time ago and taught me starting fluid is basically ether it will stop most bleeding he taught me a lot and I plan on passing it down to her idk how to repair tendons but I can teach her basically the stuff he taught me and how to stabilize someone.

It’s a funny looking chain stick to put tendons back together. After you drag them out of the worm holes they retract into. Horses can do the dangdest things to each other. 

I think the point we are making is kids aren’t made of glass, yess their are things that can mess them up, but buy and buy it’s Mom and Dad keeping a level head and loving them that matters. 80% of folks panic (at least my generation, not so sure about today’s) you want her to be in the other 20% (being asked the # for 911 is really a thing). 

Seeing you get hurt and cuss (they will learn that either at daycare or kendergauden anyway) isn’t as much of an issue as their creepy cousin or the parents that don’t understand the importance of just holding your child. I miss taking naps with Alex laying in my chest (brat would fight sleep, unless you held her still)

Hey guys sorry no video today my wife and daughter stayed inside it rained yesterday and she was kinda cold and my daughter was fussy I think I need to reshape the fire pot a bit but it worked pretty good I had to turn the hairdryer on high to get the fireball at the right height. I took some pics for you guys to see how it went. I didn't do much just made a pick rake for the new forge.

20180422_143423.jpg

20180422_144205.jpg

20180422_145157.jpg

20180422_150557.jpg

20180422_151303.jpg

20180422_155833.jpg

It works great I think I need to make a few modifications but it's dirt that's easy to fix it gets good and hot but I couldn't get it to forge weld not sure if it was me not being practiced enough the stock I tried to use or I need to raise the bottom to make the fireball sit even with the top of the dirt instead of an inch below I got it to a bright orange but not yellow or white it's probably me still not being very practiced with fire management yet. I like the economy though and control is good as long as I don't put the hairdryer too close to the tuyere and catch it on fire again when the tuyere vacuums fire out of the fire pot after you shut off the hairdryer. But anyways I think it needs a few modifications to get it just right.