I Forge Iron

Champion 400 Parts

JamesOwen

I am restoring an old champion 400 blower. Upon disassembly I have found that the worm gear is damaged beyond repair and not suitable for any use at all. Is there anywhere that I can get one to replace it?

Thank you all for any help or advise.

JamesOwen

Your best bet is to find another blower. There are no parts available for them out right but you might be able to find another blower that may either be a donor or the recipient of parts from the one you have. Or just a better blower to use in general. 

I have two 400's in need of repair. One is with a machinist friend on his back burner of the list since he is busy and it needs some serious work, and another on my back burner on the list which is somewhat functional but in real need of repair. 

I talked to a machine shop today and was told it would be over $1000.00 to make a new worm gear shaft. I will be on the lookout for another champion 400 blower in better shape. If anyone has any information on one for sale please let me know.

Thanks guys! 

JamesOwen

That's just a problem with old tools. When they work, they work great. Just that they don't make parts any more and custom made replacement parts are very expensive to have made. The blowers do show up on occasion tho. I saw one on my local craigslist today. I got mine at auctions for ok prices before I had learned more about them.  

James, it might be awhile, but I might have an extra shaft.  I bought two broken blowers ( with different problems) to try and make one that does work.  If it turns out I have two good worm shafts, I’ll let you know.  As with others in this post, repairing these is not currently at the top of the heap.  

• 8 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Good evening, 

This is unrelated to this specific post as I could not find a separate post for my question. I've just won a Champion 400 blower at an auction but it doesn't have the counterweight ball for the handle. Does anyone have a spare from an old blower they arent using??? 

Thank you all for your time.

Scott. 

Screenshot_20200810-221325_Chrome.jpg

Edited by ScottW155
I wanted to add a picture, sorry.

• 2 weeks later...