I Forge Iron

Arbor Press

Pr3ssure

So I've seen a few people ask this but not get any good answers other than using to put a makers mark, but I have a pretty big arbor press with a die for ball bearings. I'm just trying to think of what I could use it for, I could maybe use the die as some kind of swage type thing on top of my anvil. Would it be possible to make a die for bending sheet metal maybe? I'd like to get some use out of it but not sure how I would yet.

15 minutes ago, Charles R. Stevens said:

If the arbor press is big enugh I don't see why you couldn't use a press break die in it, or other one shot operations. 

Yeah, that would probably work. It's a JET 5 ton arbor press. so I think it will be big enough for what i'd want to do.

They don't have the "squish" factor of a screwpress/flypress. (the pressure spikes when the ram bottoms out and reverses squishing metal into dies and things); BUT there are a lot of tasks that require force but not the rapid spike in pressure.  Use it for them and you will be happy with the results.