I Forge Iron

Easy Forge Burner Build

American Piddler

It is a learning experience.  The issue is you presented it in a fashion of you being the teacher not the student.  As pointed out by others there where several very dangerous things you did in that video.  You should not try to teach others something you have no concept of.  People will see your video and copy it the harm that befalls them is your fault.  That is what people are trying to get across to you.

I have only one substantive objection to your video how to. Presenting unsafe practices  as a how to on a public forum. Other than that I don't care where you choose to enter the learning curve or at what tech level you wish to practice. Were I to do so I'd have to stop blacksmithing and just go to the hardware store and buy the stuff.

Your burner works well enough to do what you want or need, it's good enough. I preach the good enough principle, too many people get lost in the quest for perfection, it doesn't exist on the human plane. Some things are close enough we can't tell so it's human "perfect."  

If you look into the beginning of the modern plumbing propane burner you'll find patents from before the end of the last century running on Brown gas, then acetylene and methane, propane coming into the picture a little later in the last century. The linear and jet ejector fluid induction device is ancient beyond my ken. Somewhere I have mine diagrams from times BC where streams were diverted through tunnels and pipes into mine shafts to induce fresh air into the mines. More modern mines used it to produce compressed air to power machinery at a remove from the water flow.

I've stopped telling people their version won't work properly, there are too many examples of them that work very well. The burner you MADE work in your video has a number of unresolvable flaws. The jet being the heart of the problems. If you'd like I'll explain the what and whys but I won't belabor them otherwise.

I'm asking you to PLEASE observe safe practices in future videos. I don't mind looking at my ugly old mug in the mirror but I wouldn't much if something I said or did got someone hurt or worse. But that's me, I've always had a strong conscience. 

Frosty The Lucky.

3 hours ago, Frosty said:

The burner you MADE work in your video has a number of unresolvable flaws. The jet being the heart of the problems. If you'd like I'll explain the what and whys but I won't belabor them otherwise.

I'm asking you to PLEASE observe safe practices in future videos.

Frosty,

Took what everyone said about safety to heart and put it in perspective.... yes I say don't do this blah blah blah but should show how to in a professional & safe manner! I also have taken the time to check out your build and it has a few things that are very desirable! I do like the adjustability and see why welding my tip not only where I did is bad but also it all but eliminates the option to change its location and in turn change where and how the fuel air mix happens! I may be looking at this wrong and will gladly listen to what you have to say! HAPPY THANKSGIVING Y'ALL!  Thanks again for the Response Frosty!

Okay... so what's everyone's 2 cents on a frosty video.... now before y'all get your feathers in a bunch I'm not talkimg safety and camera moves too much I'm just talking frosty tee.... I'll even compare it to what I've already built and we will see why either one is better as far as being able to tune and adjust the ease of the build

Oh yeah... how about you have something of value to say that hasn't already been said at this point you are being that guy.... and nobody wants to be that guy.... I've already acknowledged the safety so get over yourself or move on to a different thread.... let me stop in and say what's already been said makes me feel good what a joker

3 hours ago, Binesman said:

How about learn safety and follow basics of safety first.

Oh yeah... how about you have something of value to say that hasn't already been said at this point you are being that guy.... and nobody wants to be that guy.... I've already acknowledged the safety so get over yourself or move on to a different thread.... let me stop in and say what's already been said makes me feel good 

On 11/27/2017 at 2:42 PM, Binesman said:

How about learn safety and follow basics of safety first.

truth.... but honestly if he wants to maim himself why care.... if your going to YouTube to learn something you already know it's not in a classroom environment

because we try to prevent people from hurting themselves, even foolish children who do not want to be protected

I'm not here to compare myself with anyone, I'm here to talk with blacksmiths, enjoy the free flow of information and hopefully stop some idjits from killing themselves playing with things they don't understand.

Please do NOT use my name in conjunction with or on ANY of your publications, not even for royalties. 

Frosty The Lucky.

Please re-read the terms of service if you have any questions. Basically No fussing, No cussing, No personal attacks, and stay away from discussing religion and politics. Recently added was be respectful of others.  This has nothing to do with blacksmithing. It does make IForgeIron a G rated family forum, a comfortable place to visit, and a place where anyone can visit and learn about blacksmithing. We expect the members to be ladies and gentlemen, and act as such. 

Each month, IForgeIron has visitors from over 150 world wide countries, and from most all demographics. We simply ask them to follow the site rules.  When any member does not follow the site rules, they get warned.  Several warnings and they get banned. 

This thread is now closed.