I Forge Iron

Historical 1877 Blacksmith Shop Open 7/20/2017

Manchester Area Historical Society, owns one of the oldest intact Main Street Blacksmith Shops in Michigan. They open their doors to the public, in conjunction with the annual chicken broil. This year it will be Thursday July 20th 2017, from 4:00 to 8:00 pm. The shop is located at 324 Main Street, Manchester, Michigan. 48158 There will be smoke, fire, and noise. Great group of people demonstrating, and answering the horse shoe question, and more. 

Oh yea, Chicken Broil. It is 64th annual, they serve over 10k dinners. Live music, car show. This is a big event for our little village, and all ways a good time. Please come hungry.  

Just to date myself, this will be my sons 10th year demonstrating. Say hey to the Bean.

N.N.F.               Beautiful, Manchester, Michigan. USA 

Screenshot_20170717-224655.png

Bart, 

The main course, taste like chicken. A big draw is the "Famous" coleslaw, or is that coalslaw?

Frosty, 

Unfortunately, it is the one day a year. Many original tools, all retired. Demonstrators bring their own tools I will post some more pictures. 

N.N.F.                         Beautiful, Manchester, Michigan. USA 

Screenshot_20170717-224529.png

My wife had some pictures, also found some from the Manchester Area Historical Society. 

Today is the day. I will post photos as the day goes on.

N.N.F.                         Beautiful, Manchester, Michigan. USA 

20170720_085624.png

20170719_160550.png

I don't know why so many really cool annual events are only one day affairs our local one, Art on Fire is a one day event. Oh well it'll just take better scheduling I guess. I Googled mapped Manchester and found the shop's location, it even gave me travel directions. Leading to the airport was #1.

Who knows, Deb's a UPer and I have a lot of online friends I'd like to meet face to face. A summer long road trip would be fun. 

A bucket list checkbox.

Frosty The Lucky.

Fire and metal are hot. We are at 324 East Main Street. 

Sorry no Kohlswa, Trenton. 

58er, please say hello.

N.N.F.             Beautiful, Manchester, Michigan. USA 

20170720_162510.jpg

58er, Thank you for stopping by,  it was nice to meet you. 

Good news, the Village of Manchester is celebrating its 150th anniversary, on August 5th, and the blacksmith shop will be open again. Bad news, the gentleman who has been organising the blacksmith shop events, is retiring. He let me know the shop will not open again after the August date. Kinda through me for a loop. We talked for a long time, and yes I did volunteer to take the reigns. Gadzooks, any advice out there?

Just a few more pictures. I will have another post with more details about the August date. 

Pat.                        Beautiful, Manchester, Michigan. USA  

20170720_200447.jpg

20170720_200547.jpg

20170720_200716.jpg