I Forge Iron

Welcome aboard Afterhours, glad to have you. If you'll put your general location in the header you might be surprised how many of the Iforge gang live within visiting distance.

I didn't have any luck looking either, Solingen is the registered trademark of a town in Germany and all the references I found including anvil in the terms came back to guys asking for an ID on different fora including Iforge.

I hope knowing it's history isn't too big an issue for you, my experience says if it's a cast Swedish steel anvil it's top shelf with a few quality control exceptions.

She's a beauty.

Frosty The Lucky.

6 hours ago, ThomasPowers said:

Says Made in Sweden how do you get Solingen a town in Germany????

I can't read the anvil very well so I was going by what the OP said was there and Googled Solingen, anvils, Swedish cast steel, etc. Tried lots of combinations of the terms. The town in Germany was the ONLY Solingen that came up in the first 100 hits or so. I didn't know how a cast Swedish anvil and a town in Germany tied in either. I wasn't clear enough in calling no joy and heck just confused my own darned self. I've done that twice today. <sigh>

Frosty The Lucky.

Sweden was famous for it's iron and steel for centuries too; (oregrounds iron for blister steel making  you know)  The question is the OP said Solingen for the an anvil marked Sweden in several places---how did he get the idea Solingen was involved?

Shoot I've been to Solingen and went to the Deutsches Klingenmuseum there.

What we need is a clear tracing of the shield on the side to start trying to match with a manufacturer.