I Forge Iron

Latest project

Johnnyreb338

Good afternoon friends 

Here's a few pics of the latest project. A guy at work wanted a knife, so I made this beauty for him but he turned his nose up at it and didn't want it. So I guess I'll add it to my collection. It's 5160 spring steel with maple burl scales ( if I remember  correctly, I've had them awhile) and black carbon fiber pins. Double tempered at 410 degree. And chop tested on a railroad  cross tie.  

IMG_0525.JPG

IMG_0526.JPG

IMG_0527.JPG

3 hours ago, ThomasPowers said:

memo to self: do NOT invite MastaStan over to look at blades.......

It was a play on a British saying; "I'd snap your hand off for that". Meaning you really like it. Most Americans wouldn't understand it. ;)

2 minutes ago, MastaStan said:

It was a play on a British saying; "I'd snap your hand off for that". Meaning you really like it. Most Americans wouldn't understand it. ;)

ORRRR we might have fun playing with the term. :P

Frosty The Lucky.

I like it a lot. My only comment, based on my own personal design taste, is that I wish the profile transition from ricasso to handle was less "abrupt" but I really like the knife quite a bit. I wouldn't be friends with someone who would "turn their nose up" at it lol. 

The shot of the spine really sold me on it. Great job.