I Forge Iron

Who is this guy???

C-1ToolSteel

For a while, I have been seeing anvils from this eBay seller. They are all sitting on the same cart, and most of them show an impressive pile of anvils in the background. This person was obviously a BIG anvil collector, and I'm just curious if anybody knows anything about him.

image.jpeg

Yes,  that is the Matchless man. Dowagiac Michigan. Heard only good thing about him. If you click on the ebay "see sellers other...." he offers may anvils all the time. He has had that kind of inventory since my first e anvil hunt back in 2003.

Steve P. is a heck of a nice guy, always willing to talk shop if you see him at Quad States or at a national conference. Usually hauls a double axle flatbed trailer FULL to these events.

And yes, he makes a living off of this. Folks in his network 'pick' anvils and related stuff for him all the time, and he goes out and buys from collections and estates, like the Tim Kris auction. He cleans them up and sells them, and will trade them back for an upgrade if you outgrow it.

Tim Kris collection sold3.jpg

Steve is also a broker for many anvils.  The Tim Kris collection was not his, he brokered the anvils in return for a share.  Many people consign their stuff to him because of his following around the country and the world.  I know he has a few that he collects, but most go to auctions or private sales.

This is how he makes his living.  It a business.