I Forge Iron

Blacksmith tools ?

BD1

Got these at a garage sale. First has flat face and a diagonal cut on the other. The other round punch with rounded face opposit. Last is a half round recessed and flat opposite. Not sure what the tool is but I'll use it for Blacksmith work. Got it all for $15.00

IMG_0504.JPG

IMG_0505.JPG

You got a good deal.  The far left is a masons hammer. Some are cast and they have a round handle hole. Second from left is a pin driver (set tool). 3rd from left is possibly a tin bangers stake. 4th from left, creaser for sheet metal work (set tool). 

All the spike hammers I've owned and seen have larger cylinders, that looks like an alignment tool or punch to me.  I've taken a nice RR Spike driver head and forged a shaft out of some 2.5" sq stock---borrowed a larger powerhammer to work it!---and made a stake anvil to go with my medieval styled "cube" anvil...

The group of hammers, note the center one, and traveler were my grandfather's. He was a boiler maker. The painted one came from a collection and I can't verify its use. It's about three pounds and both faces are concave. It's edges are too sharp to have been used on rock or brick. Note, the eye isn't "square" with the faces.  

Hawk

image.thumb.jpeg.7fa62408ffc8bc187f2d7fde3186cfb9.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.8fc78f6783135b19e814d77c5f3afb60.jpeg