I Forge Iron

Hello from KY

Tom Chitwood

Welcome Tom! I started with stock removal knives too. What you just listed sound like some good goals, but don't get ahead of yourself. Start small. It is much more enjoyable to make a good S hook than a terrible knife. Once you get hammer control down, making knives will become fun instead of a miserable waste of time. I wish I had someone tell me that when I first started. Actually, I did but I guess I didn't listen.;)

Welcome aboard Tom, glad to have you. Learning blade making by starting out on stock removal is IMHO the better place to start. It doesn't matter how you end up shaping blades you're going to have to grind, scrape, file sand, etc. to finish them.

Have you found the illustrated T burner plans, instructions, Oh whatever they're called,? Check them out and give me a shout if you run into problems.

Frosty The Lucky.

And ain't that just like a kid. :blink: Forget your plans and go love on that baby. I sure hope you're practiced up on spoiling him like you should to get even with your kids. Sort of. Going to suggest "Striker" for his name? :)

Pictures, we want pictures!

Frosty The Lucky.

Oh yea on the spoiling. He is my 5th grand kid, I've had plenty of practice. LOL!!

He was named Percy after a VERY close family friend who passed 5 years ago. When My son-in law called the son of Percy (the family friend who passed) to tell him Percy (the baby) had been born, and born a month early, Percy's son said, "You know this is the day dad died don't you?" Percy (the baby) was born on the day that his name sake, Percy (the family friend), had died, 5 years earlier. Spooky huh?Percy.jpg