I Forge Iron

A Bugs Life...

CTBlades

Wow! CT, what do you do in your spare time??? Do you sleep at all??

Great sculpture - I like the chain caterpillar. Simple is often best!

I realise I have been addressing you as CT.  I thought CT might have been your initials but I just noticed that it is your state. Bit like me being called QLD. Not that I would object of course.

Thank you very much yet again gents.

Lou ouch....come to think of it, who wants flow? It's not the river of dreams....lol

Maybe "Scrapyard Sculptures" by CTBlades or maybe just keep the two entities separate altogether. 

Yes Aus I sleep plenty but thank you for your concern haha. I'm retired and most everything around the house is up to snuff. My wife and everyone else I know work so I just go out to the shop in the morning like I was off to work only I get to crank up the tunes and play all day :)

Nothing today, the only thing I'll be sculpting is my belly...lmao!

Lou, I gotcha no worries. I know your encouraging me not demeaning my stuff....

Bigger??? Oh heck yeah someday. I have a couple in the works now, just a matter of scrounging up the right scrap to finish them off. Someday I want to do something I'll need a crane to move LMAO!

12 hours ago, CTBlades said:

Bigger??? Oh heck yeah someday. I have a couple in the works now, just a matter of scrounging up the right scrap to finish them off. Someday I want to do something I'll need a crane to move LMAO!

Yep, me too. I have all the parts I need to make a giant T-rex and it would certainly need a crane to move it. Some serious welding would be involved. So far it just exists in my mind and an amorphous pile of chains, wheels, gears. plough bits, dog spikes and other general scrap. One day .....

That's great. I'll need to wait a couple years when we move about 800 miles south of here to our retirement/last move home. Yes the workshop and garage or planned to be bigger than the house and an on the property scrap yard. :) 

i cant what to finally get out of here lol

I have a large dragon in mind :) 

I will be raiding my neighbors scrap piles this weekend. He recently went to an old farm auction and picked up all kinds of goodies. Among a lot of smaller bits is an old manure spreader that is well aged. He does demolition derby and scraps in his off time so I have been talking with him trying to let me raid his piles. 

I either need to get a stick welder or a beefier mig welder to do the larger stuff. And maybe a crane lol.