I Forge Iron

My Version of a Nutty Scorpion

More practice in the shop today. While waiting for the rigidizer to cure in my new forge I decided to get some more practice in so I made this "Nutty Scorpion". These things seem to be popular so I gave one a shot then I had a couple once done lol.

IMG_3957.JPG

Good looking scorpion CT. 

Ah yeah... Haha. Pricing. That was a problem I had/have. What is your time worth? How much time do you have into it? How much in materials, consumables, utility's?  Are there similar? What are they selling for?  :) I've gotten some good pointers from some great people and I'm still not good at dealing with that aspect. 

Thanks Das, I can figure the material and disposable stuff, ie power etc...materials are all scrap my time is the biggest issue. I'm old, slow and unskilled so it takes me way longer than most so I couldn't really charge for my time like I do for things that I am efficient in. 

Price it at a point where you would be happy to have to do a dozen more just like it...and remember having all the parts scrounged free on the first one many not work when someone wants a dozen!  (Of course having to go to the scrap yard is such a privation!!!---I love hunting for the "clean out gramps old garage and scrap everything"  loads)