I Forge Iron

Can we get a report on the Spring Meet?

Yes!

5 grills this time instead of the 7 we did the first time but none the less it was a bustling, exciting, action packed weekend.  Probably were 12 forges (or more) and 30 or so anvils in use, as well as ALL the secondary tools one would expect.  In addition to all the forging we had some pro weldors teaching fabrication by making 6 or so portable knock-down forges and hoods.  All the grills were completed by the deadline of noon on Sunday  (1 or 2 by matters of minutes).  Good food, lots of hard work, fun Sat. night forging contest for cash prize, great stuff in the tailgating, and above all the camaraderie of working with friends and strangers alike on a great blacksmithing project.  

For those who scroll all the way to the end, NEB was founded in 1978 and those are chestnut branches.  

IMG_1073.jpg

IMG_1074.jpg

IMG_1075.jpg

IMG_1076.jpg

IMG_1077.jpg

IMG_1078.jpg

IMG_1079.jpg

IMG_1080.jpg

IMG_1081.jpg

IMG_1082.jpg

IMG_1083.jpg

IMG_1084.jpg

IMG_1085.jpg

IMG_1088.jpg

IMG_1089.jpg

IMG_1090.jpg

IMG_1091.jpg

IMG_1092.jpg

IMG_1093.jpg

IMG_1094.jpg

IMG_1095.jpg

IMG_1096.jpg

IMG_1097.jpg

IMG_1100.jpg

IMG_1104.jpg

IMG_1105.jpg

IMG_1107.jpg

IMG_1108.jpg

IMG_1110.jpg

Thanks Judson, great Pictures and report extremely sorry  to have missed it, hopefully next time.  Like the looks of the portable knock down units will be very handy at the next meet.  Really like the 1978 unit!  All are very impressive.  Will be nice to see them mounted. 

9 hours ago, Judson Yaggy said:

IMG_1104.jpg

Notownkid, I Really like this piece ! It looks like something I could almost accomplish ....lol  Just wondering if the upset is larger than the hole. I can't tell from the pic. I'm guessing it's a wall hook? Thanks a bunch.......     Life is Good             Dave