I Forge Iron

Steel Source list and grade chart

I swear there was a list of businesses that sold small quantities of steel here somewhere but I can't find it.

Online Tools does not have what I am looking for.

I also thought I saw a list of steel grades that had the grade and what that steel was good for.

Am I imagining things?

None that use this stuff.  This is a mild steel town.  The steel supplier only carries mild and to order different stuff in I would have to purchase the entire bulk order.  The closest place that I can find for this is 4.5 hours away.  I never have a reason to go to that city so I would be driving there for that sole purpose.  Cost in gas would totally offset the cheaper price.

This is the cost of living in the Arizona sticks

Take a look on eBay. While its not usually the best price for larger pieces of steel,  I have picked up some smaller 4140 drops for just a few dollars.
I usually search for "4140 steel"  "4140 bar" or "4140 round bar".  Whats available changes almost daily, so if you don't see what you want, look again the next day.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm a little surprised Page Steel doesn't have small quantities available.. Try giving Mayorgas welding or Buddy's Welding in Flagstaff a call. You might even be able to bribe a page steel driver to bring back your chunks for you on his return trip.....