I Forge Iron

un-identified object...2

last time I posted here was, what I know a small engine spring compressor, thanks to your responses, and apparently that was too easy, so I got something harder.

friend dropped this off a couple of days ago during a visit. he said he had it for 30 years and didn't know what this one is. hope you can figure this one out.

IMG_7104.JPG

1 hour ago, Crazy Ivan said:

Leather tool is my guess. 

same here. or something like that. sorry I cant go more specific on what exact tool thought.

Littleblacksmith

I might be off base because my memory is like swiss cheese these days but IIRC, you used those for stitching--Put the cord in the V and rock it upwards to pull the stitches really tight on stuff like saddles.  The flat plate part prevents leaving impressions in the leather.

But don't quote me on it.

7 minutes ago, Kozzy said:

I might be off base because my memory is like swiss cheese these days but IIRC, you used those for stitching--Put the cord in the V and rock it upwards to pull the stitches really tight on stuff like saddles.  The flat plate part prevents leaving impressions in the leather.

But don't quote me on it.

Sounds like a good one there.