I Forge Iron

Is this one worth it

You need to do the ball bearing test to check for rebound. That is a big part of whether or not it is a good buy. You take a decent sized, about 1 inch, steel ball bearing and drop it onto the anvil form about a foot up and estimate the percent it bounces back. 80% rebound is quite good.

If it passes the ball bearing test it's a good anvil no matter who made it. If it fails the ball bearing test it's a bad anvil no matter who made it.  Checking the face for delamination is necessary to---funny we can't do any of that over the net.  It's a known good brand and that anvil has seen a lot of use, the swale is not a problem generally. *ANYTHING* done to remove the swale usually counts as premeditated grand abuse of an anvil and may destroy it's usability or cut it's use life down by a century or two.

Thanks for the replies Everyone! Very helpful. 

But a friend of my dad has Lent me his indefinitely! Don't know too much about it.

But I got to start working some steel today.  Very exciting and oddly enough relaxing. 

The anvil is 45kg and has seen very little use. 

Can anyone tell me anything about it? 

IMG_20160310_123011.jpg

IMG_20160310_123021.jpg