I Forge Iron

Herd of Bovines

JPH

Hello:

Here is this week's work..a herd of Bovine Ivory hilted short swords..gotta love that Bovine Ivory..the hardest part was putting in all those lousy little studs in the grips..

are 1095 and L-6 two in Ladder, one in star twist and the other in my Solar Storm  pattern.. They turned out OK if ya ask me..

Made these for web site stock.. Gotta keep bacon and beans on the table ya know..

JPH

DSC02440A.jpg

DSC02444A.jpg

DSC02420A.jpg

DSC02428A.jpg

DSC02407A.jpg

DSC02413A.jpg

Hello:  

Really these are pretty much stock type pieces..nothing really special or out of my normal range..I just do he best that I can..after all..remember the words of General Geo. S. Patton: "When a man does his best..what else is there ?"  No... these are for populating my depleted website. More is coming..need to put up the last of the Japanese stuff as well as make more site stock in PW, WC as well as HC steels.. here are some close ups on the blades.

I do have a reputation to live down to ya know...

JPH

DSC02411A.jpg

DSC02422A.jpg

DSC02433A.jpg

DSC02417A.jpg

24 minutes ago, Klorinth said:

Gorgeous!

To me that is the stock work of a Master. I would be proud to own one of those.

Definitely something to strive towards. 

Ask Jim for a quote, I'm sure he'll be happy for you to own one. ;)

Come on now Jim, did you really spend a whole week? You know every time I'm feeling tempted to weld up a billet and take a walk on the dark side I browse through your work and go back to doing what I'm good at.

It's not that I don't believe I could work up to comparable levels I just have a good idea how much work and practice it takes to develop that level skills sets. Maybe one of these days I'll do some fiddly little thing but till then I'll just marvel at what you do.

As a last bit, please PLEASE post pictures of anything you found a challenge to produce but worth claiming!

Frosty The Lucky.

Frosty:

Believe me if a cranky old Dog Face like me can do this..ANYONE can if they put their mind to it...  OK granted I am looking at the big 5-0  in doing this..geeze..I am getting along in years..but I did start as a wee youth in NW PA..taught by a very skilled and talented Amish Blacksmith who's name was Joachim Hauffmann..I learned ALOT from Herr Hauffmann...Mostly swear words in Saxon German...

Seriously..if I can do this stuff..anyone can..Just get out there do do it..

JPH

I've been hearing people say that my whole life and it's as true as can be but it takes an investment in time and effort like any skilled art. You've done Herr Hauffmann proud.

After dedicating a few decades a person earns the right to be cranky now and again. Care to share a few swear words?

Frosty The Lucky.

The second one down is my favourite 

the top one in solar storm looks really busy to me 

but I did go on your website and see a Bowie in solar storm that looks stunning

i would be happy to call anything on your website my own 

just a question Jim 

have you already made the 125 Japanese swords or are they a work in progress?

fergy 

Fergy:

Ref the Japanese swords..they are coming to an end..I have two more to post today and after those..I have three more left to do and I am DONE with them..I never really was all that "into" these types of swords and after doing 125 of them..I am even less so.. I don't even want to look at another one of these so when the last three are done and posted..that is IT!! All 125 will be done and gone...

JPH