I Forge Iron

Dustin Quade

So for Christmas one of the gifts somone asked for was a candle holder. I remembered seeing this style of candle holder in the video game skyrim so i decided to give one a go and see how it worked out. Initially i was going to do a full ring and then weld the legs on but tbh im awful at welding so i decided to try and do it all in one piece. Might give the metal a coat of matt black paint but haven't decided yet. Thoughts?

tmp_5395-20151212_143225577130414.jpg

I cleaned off the scale and rounded off the corners of the part that holds the horn so it wond dig in on scratch it when you take the horn out. Man does it look good with that scale taken off i hade no idea how much of a difference it made. I immediatley took every other project that i had left rough and took all the scale off. Thanks for all the tips.

1 hour ago, Dustin Quade said:

I cleaned off the scale and rounded off the corners of the part that holds the horn so it wond dig in on scratch it when you take the horn out. Man does it look good with that scale taken off i hade no idea how much of a difference it made. I immediatley took every other project that i had left rough and took all the scale off. Thanks for all the tips.

I have no idea how much of a difference it made, or how good it looks now.  :lol: got an update picture? 

On 2015-12-19 at 10:22 AM, Daswulf said:

I have no idea how much of a difference it made, or how good it looks now.  :lol: got an update picture? 

Lol sorry to say but that one is already wrapped up and under the tree for christmas morning. Il try to take some pics of it before my dad takes it home.

• 1 month later...