I Forge Iron

What helped most in 2007?

I think welder19 summed it up nicely. Thanks for those words. Its kinda funny that I just finished reading the threads dealing with stress, then finding these profound words, especially after a bad night at work. Yeah, it will makes one think............ Merry CHRISTMAS to all.

canman:cool:

I believe what helped me the most in 2007 was founding THE BLACKSMITH GUILD OF VIRGINIA.
I thought that we could do for blacksmiths something that was needed and positive and would help the blacksmithing community as a whole.
What I realize now is that my feeble attempts at perpetuating the blacksmiths craft has indeed helped me far more than than I would have ever dreamed possible.
If you have the time or inclination visit the website at Blacksmith Guild of Viriginia - Home and see the excitement that can come from providing a place and an avenue for kindred spirits to gather and spend a little time together persuing this honorable craft.
So get involved with your local group / join ABANA / go to all of the meetings that you can and you just might find out how far in this craft it is possible to go .
I think that I would be hard pressed to find a better group of people to hang out with than fellow blacksmiths and for that I am truly Thankfull.

Mike Tanner