I Forge Iron

What we Call stuff. A turn of phrase...

Words mean something, they can also be interesting in how we use them.   I am calling this a reverse S hook with swan head tips.   Please provide pics and names as this post leads you.

Hate to say it but this may be my first pic post with the new format.   Hope it doesn't suck too bad.    

And the swan head tips are not so evident... maybe..   We'll see how it works.  

My intent is not to put tradition on it's head.   But rather to unleash folks art in the form of a pic and allow them to express their personal descriptions of that art.   My art is obviously simple and easy.    

Well I have said enough. I hope we can all get some cool ideas for our art and maybe some cool phraseology to got with it... 

reverse_S_hook.thumb.JPG.5e61b15f805d348

Edited by Borntoolate

I was expecting to see something that implied a swan but didn't. Are you referring to the shape of the hook itself? If so I'd call it a swan or goose Neck, hook.

When you say "tips" I take it you mean the very end of the hook, what I'd call the "finial" treatment. I don't see a swan but I may not be looking at it right.

Frosty The Lucky.

I like my fingernails long.   They were recently trimmed.  Generally she is jealous of my nails.  we have them for a reason.   Why does everyone trim them down to a nub?

Forget my feeble hook and nails.   Let me see some pics of your stuff and the cool names for them!

I like my fingernails long.   They were recently trimmed.  Generally she is jealous of my nails.  we have them for a reason.  Snip....

I once had my thumbnail half torn off when it got snagged on the thick rope that popped during a giant tug of war. I was rolling on the ground screaming... For me,  long nails just get in the way. But each to his own, I guess....

I was expecting to see something that implied a swan but didn't. Are you referring to the shape of the hook itself? If so I'd call it a swan or goose Neck, hook.

When you say "tips" I take it you mean the very end of the hook, what I'd call the "finial" treatment. I don't see a swan but I may not be looking at it right.

Frosty The Lucky.

its blurry and probably small.  Just upgraded to windows 10 and have no idea what I am doing.   But to me the "tip" looks like a swan...  That is the Finial ehh?  Looks like snipping tool worked!

swan snip.PNG

Edited by Borntoolate

its blurry and probably small.  Just upgraded to windows 10 and have no idea what I am doing.   But to me the "tip" looks like a swan...  That is the Finial ehh?  Looks like snipping tool worked!

swan snip.PNG

Let me know what you think of Win 10. I've been cursing Win 8 far too long now and still don't know how it works.

Yeah, that's the finial, from the latin meaning "thing on the end." "Fin" being end and "ial" being of. Hmm, maybe at?

For all you folk who speak Latin I will gladly accept correction once you get finished laughing. Or crying.

Frosty The Lucky.

Frosty, any IT changes make me nervous.   But I jumped in the Win 10 pool a few days ago and waited for disaster.    At first my monitor was all effed up and icons were huge and distorted and I could not see or do what I needed to fix it.  After a couple reboots all seems well.  it is a bit different but not too different at all so far.   Take the leap, what the heck.   And mine was free with the PC I just upgraded so that made it a bit easier as well. 

I had my computer in to my comp guy for a printer problem and he was on the Beta and final test "team." He's still getting used to it but says they debugged the whole program and it's a lot easier to use than Win 8. I was saddled with Win8 with the new comp, I wasn't even given the option to stick with win7 like Deb did. I guess I'll gird my loins and upgrade.

I don't know what it is about upgrades and updates that has me so gun shy. Maybe tonight after I go to bed. I think it'll take a little time to save stuff I really want to keep to Flashdrives.

Frosty The Lucky.

I found the up grade painless for the most part.  I dumped edge and continue  using explorer . Some times computer people get carried away trying to be helpful and make life miserable for anyone not up on the latest.

Edge? I haven't even heard of that one. I'm running firefox and it's been pretty trouble free. I may have to see about Win 10 tonight or tomorrow, I can always get Joe to teach me how to use it, he recommended it so I can guilt him into a freebe lesson or two. Maybe forge up a door knocker or something in trade.

Frosty The Lucky.