I Forge Iron

Just for fun

Jim Coke

Greetings all, 

Thought I would share a little of our fun filled weekend at the Walloon Lake Tractor show.. 

The first of a series .. FORGED IN FIRE .. Colonial selfie stick build off..  Fun was had by all.. 

Forge on and make beautiful things 

Jim

image.jpg

Edited by Jim Coke

Greetings, 

Indeed a fun weekend.. Only one rule... NO HOT FITTING THE CELL.. We hate the smell of burning plastic.. No winners ... No loosers .. No turn in your wepon...  Simple box joint forge welded with a taper weld..

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

How do you reach around the phone to touch the screen to take the picture if its a couple feet away? I wouldn't know if mine has a self timer.

Otherwise - any forging for a purpose is a good one - utilitarian. - I like it. 

A blend of the old and new. Who would have ever thought traditional blacksmithing skills could be used to create a selfie stick? Just a few years ago the request would be met with "Huh??"

A blend of the old and new. Who would have ever thought traditional blacksmithing skills could be used to create a selfie stick? Just a few years ago the request would be met with "Huh??"

Huh? I don't think you CAN forge a selfie STICK.  A selfie bar on the other hand is a why not, sketch me a picture and It'll be right up. ;)

Frosty The Lucky.

Huh? I don't think you CAN forge a selfie STICK.  A selfie bar on the other hand is a why not, sketch me a picture and It'll be right up. ;)

Frosty The Lucky.

I don't know if I can agree with you there Frosty. Jim Coke's piece there has an organic enough flow and look to it, all that would be needed to fit the 'stick' designation would be to use rounded stock and maybe some bark texturing. Shoot, make the bottom two tabs leaves... golden.

Edited by LastRonin
Man, I need to refill my propane tank or repair my coal forge from the storm damage...

Greetings all,

We had fun spoofing Forged In Fire .. Our only time limit was ... When we finished.. Actually it took about 1 1/2 hours ..  My friend Pat put his spin in the stick with 2 baskets..  Funny he does not even have a cell phone.. What's next for a couple crazy smiths?

Forge on and make beautiful things

Jim

image.jpg

Thinking about it Jim, I've come to the conclusion a steel selfie "stick" might be just the thing. Seeing as how many people are being injured by the things arming yourself with a steel one might be ruled self defense.

And no I don't, don't text either. B)

Frosty The Lucky.