I Forge Iron

gotta be some coal round here

senstrom

I'd suggest asking locally, the results will be much better. I put an ad on Craigslist mentioning I was looking for some and within a week I had multiple responses from people telling me where they get theirs and one from a guy who sells it by the 5 gallon bucket.

Edited by M Cochran

Seriously, you're asking an internationally read forum about a local product. Have you tried the phone book? A coal company? Farrier or heaven's forbid a blacksmith supply?

Blacksmiting requires at least a little self reliance. You live in coal country!

Frosty The Lucky.

Edited by Frosty

Sestrom, Here ya go...head west young man, head west........right on over to Oden, In. When you get to the middle of town ,turn south to Graber Farm Store. Pocahontas coal, bag or bulk.   Hope this helps        Dave  

senstrom, The last I picked up in April, I think was $12 for 50 lb.bag or $310 a ton for bulk. If I remember right. The size was a little large for my preference but, no biggie. You might want to call before you make the trip. 812-636-7880.....That's about all I got for ya....                Dave

Sestrom, Here ya go...head west young man, head west........right on over to Oden, In. When you get to the middle of town ,turn south to Graber Farm Store. Pocahontas coal, bag or bulk.   Hope this helps        Dave  

I'm in northeast Indiana and that's where I go. Good price great coal.

If you go on Saturday, they close at or before 11am.  You can buy at the bulk price if you take buckets or barrels.  Like Dave said, calling ahead is a good idea. Not everybody that works there will know about the coal.