I Forge Iron

Propaine forge

Devenmelanson

Hello i am trying to  start black smithing and i have a wood furnace out of 16 ga black iron an i was thinking of puting some insulation and brick and then a other layer of 16 ga black iron and make a gas forge out of it just wondering if this would work or i would need thicker steel inside and sorry for any errors im french haha

Pull up a comfortable chair and get to reading this section . All you need to know is posted here if you would take time to read it. From how to build the forge all the way to the burner.  Welcome to the sight. Do some research then ask questions.

Welcome aboard, glad to have you. Everything you've asked has been answered many times over in the gas forge section. Many hours of good reading, pull up a comfy chair, pack a lunch and something to drink, it's all there.

Frosty The Lucky.

It sounds from your op (original post) that you were thinking to have a metal 'liner' on the inside. The straight simple answer is this... No. Your proposed design would not be adequate. That is why the others were recommending you use some of your time to read information available in this forum that they have already spent much of their time posting. You can learn what will work, a lot of what won't and the why's of both. That is, if you will put the time into reading the info that is already here.

I guess my question was more if it would hold up to welding temp is what i cant find in the forum i know it would work but i dont like doig stuff twice

If you don't like doing stuff twice then you better get reading or are you going to give up after your first failed attempt? Your question shows too small a knowledge base to understand the answers.

And no, I didn't spend as much time as I did figuring out how to make the things work to make it so you don't have to do anything. Seriously, I've laid out pretty complete instructions from the ground up if you were willing to do any reading.

Frosty The Lucky.