I Forge Iron

Etching methods

Getting back off topic this little tree(stick with leaves) is growing at my gate, not only are the thorns worth considering they house communal spider nests and like ants they swarm in defense of the nest. Harmless but it gives most folk the willy's if they end up covered with thousands of small spiders.

WIN_20150710_073807.JPG

WIN_20150710_073647.JPG

Edited by ianinsa

A wet tea bag makes a good compress for burns though Aloe Vera works better, I keep a squeeze bottle close when playing with hot stuff.

You ought to try cleaning ice plant out of wheel wells. While my vehicles have never had the experience of the ice plant arrester system I've helped a friend who ditch dived at 70mph. Talk about packed tight, he was digging the stuff out for 3 days. Ice plant is REALLY good stuff to fill medians with, minimizes head ons at freeway speed.

Frosty The Lucky.

Thanks, I wanted something to keep me cringing in the shop today. I'm hoping to do the first test fire on my new forge but don't know if I want to get near anything hotter than a cup of coffee now.

It's been a long time since I've sported that much blister but I remember it well. At least it was hot enough it didn't stick.

Heal fast and well. Do you have Silvadine? The stuff works very well on burns, other things too but REALLY well for burns.

Frosty The Lucky.

Aloe, antibiotic cream, gauze, wrap. And leaving the blisters (there's another one the size of a dime on the pinky, but looks tiny next to that one) alone.....learned that one the hard way years ago. Coulda been worse, another inch or so higher, and I'd have had two or three weeks off from work.

On the etching side of things, it did leave a cool skin friction ridge pattern on the blade, but they don't seem especially permanent. Looked cool enough to be worth repeating.....by other means. :P

A man once grabbed something hot, and promptly set it down.  His smart aleck son asked him "Hot, eh?" His reply was "Nope, just didn't take me long to look at it."

That joke said, you might need to get your eyes checked.  It took you just a bit too long to look at it.

That really looks like it hurt.

Edited by Quarry Dog
Included the joke.

Smart Alec sons have been known to say things like "could you do that again, I didn't have my camera ready" as well!

Ouch, I'll bet that hurt and is going to "remind" you a few times yet. 

The silver lining is you can say " I made this Gladius and I have the scars to prove it!"